From 19 July, the rules for wedding and civil partnership ceremonies; and wedding receptions and civil partnership celebrations has changed.
- There are no legal restrictions on the number of people that can attend a wedding, civil partnership, reception or celebration.
- Legal requirements for social distancing no longer apply and you do not need to stay 2 metres apart from people you do not live with.
- Face coverings are no longer required by law in any setting. However, the government expects and recommends that people wear face coverings in crowded areas such as public transport.
- COVID-secure rules, including table service requirements and restrictions on singing and dancing, no longer apply. However, there are steps everyone should continue to consider to reduce the risk of transmission, which are explained in this guidance. All businesses should follow the principles set out in the working safely guidance.
- If someone has been instructed by NHS Test and Trace to self-isolate because they have tested positive for COVID-19, or they’re the close contact of someone who has tested positive for COVID-19, they must still self-isolate and not attend.